California Right to Life News for 10.24.2016Posted: October 25, 2016
CALIFORNIA RIGHT TO LIFE COMMITTEE, INC
2977 Ygnacio Valley Rd #243
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598
“We frequently need other people’s help to figure out what God wants of us. It is relatively easy to sort out what is bad from what is good, but it is much more difficult to sort out what is good from what is better and what is bad from what is worse. The Holy Spirit gives us the counsel we need through external and internal signs of grace.” — Rev. Jude Winkler, p. 35
- San Francisco. A frantic daughter called for help in defending her mother’s right to live and receive the medical care to which she was entitled. It was an urgent situation in which a San Francisco Bay Area hospital was attempting to force Assisted Suicide on a Ninety-three year old woman patient during the week of 10.17.16. This is only the latest of several calls received since ObamaCare and, especially California’s Assisted Suicide bill became law.
- Prayers are still needed for this woman who, though saved from death (for the time being) at the hands of the medical profession now needs to have a new facility found that will care for her needs and nutrition. Late in the 3rd day of no food and water a judge stepped forward to issue a temporary restraining order requiring the hospital to re-institute the necessary care. The woman still has suffers from apparent mismanagement of her care in this facility as well as a previous facility.
- Donald Trump. Presidential Candidate, has received the support of pro-life groups for his apparent pledge to defend the Pain Capable Unborn Child Act and his frequently stated promise to defund Planned Parenthood. However, a glance at the liberal media’s reporting on this subject would indicate that they and he aren’t sure if he will do that or not.
- As a reminder, in February of this year, Trump said Planned Parenthood was a “good” organization, it helped women. In November now he is saying that he will consider defunding PP.
- He, further, says that if he’s elected Roe v Wade will be overturned because he will appoint pro-life Justices who will, themselves, automatically overturn Roe. But that means some group or groups will have to bring up a lawsuit that will make its way to the Supreme Court.
- But, what about the June 29, 1992, Supreme Court decision known as Planned Parenthood v Casey that re-affirmed Roe? What happens to that law? Will overturning Roe v Wade have any bearing in California? Several other areas of law were affected through unethical and immoral decisions based on Roe.
- The Question in Casey was: Can a state require women who want an abortion to obtain informed consent, wait 24 hours and, if minors, obtain parental consent, without violating their right to abortion guaranteed by Roe v Wade?
- Planned Parenthood has seen to it here in California that abortion is a wide open, no restraints or oversight on service to women and teens. Also defunding Planned Parenthood will be a great idea but in California the California taxpayer pays for abortions and we are close to a super majority of Democrats in the legislature.
- On the positive side if Roe is overturned that will put the abortion fight back into the states. the Several states such as California that have their own state laws on abortion, contraception, etc. will have the right to bring cases to court or legislation and attempt to bring abortion under supervised control or done away with completely. It will be years, however, of continued efforts. California Pro-Lifers have to have the will to continue to demand protection and respect for human life from its officials and medical personnel.
- On the down side, if Hillary Clinton obtains the Presidency she will work with Planned Parenthood to expand even further, their stronghold on women’s health and reproductive services.
- Abortion will no doubt become federally funded, regulations will be set by the federal government. Who knows but what a President favorable to the oppressive objectives of Planned parenthood could even expand their goals under the Executive Order approach.
- Personally like Donald Trump or dislike his implied lack of leadership and planning skills, but if the children and the elderly are to have protection of and respect for their lives, Trump as President is our one renewed chance to defeat Obamacare with its abortion and euthanasia agenda imbedded in the programs in this country.
- As a Senator Hillary Clinton made calls in to California supporting Planned Parenthood and opposing, along with the California Medical Association, prop 85 which would have required Parental Notification. That prop was defeated, narrowly and Planned Parenthood now has wide-open access to all our children for instruction in PP’s brand of healthy living.
- Thanks in part to Hillary’s support of PP Cecile Richards, National Director of Planned Parenthood personally takes home $1 M a year of your tax money. The Planned Parenthood local clinic director in your town is probably making a six figure income at least, according to IRS form 990s’ which have been read by Pro Life researchers.
- A serious side-effect of this leniency toward PP and its promotion of birth control pills and hormonal pills is depression. Is your teenager often depressed? Articles abound now on this subject online. Even the Washington Post published an article on the prevalence of depression in those who use artificial birth control. The liberal media, such as the Huffington Post carry articles that declare if your child is depressed give her more birth control pills so she won’t forget to use birth control while being sexually active.
- Drug overdosing and depression are now considered to be the leading causes of suicide and, therefore, the source of an increased amount of donated organs for transplanting.
- California has proposition 64 on the ballot that will legalize Marijuana. The easier access to this drug could be a leading source of drug overdosing. Organs for transplanting has become a lucrative business for those who act as resource personnel. More drugs in play, more overdosing, more depression and death from overdosing, more organs for transplanting.
FORTY DAYS FOR LIFE is still in effect. There is a 40 Days program active in Walnut Creek outside the Oakland Ave Planned Parenthood clinic in Walnut Creek. Last weekend along with those praying was a large van sometimes referred to as the Stork Bus which provides free sonograms for women who can see the truth of the existence of a human child in their womb.
We understands that the local Contra Costa County Knights of Columbus groups are considering ways to bring such a van to our area. More on this great possibility as it develops.
©2016 Camille Giglio, California Right to Life Advocates. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.